Highest level of education: Some College
Immediate educational goals: To gain a degree and be certified as a hair dresser.
Presently working on: Microeconomics course, algebra
Two most recent educational accomplishments:
Gained credits from anthropology and intro to business courses for semester
1) Write to Jared, and let him know that you're willing to help him pursue an education. Ask him to write to us directly, so we can take his Educational Profile down to make room for other inmates.
2) Determine Jared's educational interests, and locate appropriate resources (correspondence courses, scholarship applications, etc.).
3) Print and mail resources directly to Jared. Be sure resources (books, pamphlets, etc.) are on Jared's approved mailing list.
4) Encourage Jared with words of support, questions about progress, and suggestions for continued areas of study.
5) Visit our Inmate Reentry and Education Forum for more information.