Highest level of education: Community College
Immediate educational goals: Paralegal, Attorney
Presently working on: Blackstone Paralegal Correspondence Studies
Two most recent educational accomplishments:
Peer Educator, Thinking For A Change, The Inner Circel Men's Group
1) Write to Javier, and let this person know that you're willing to help this person pursue an education. Ask this person to write to us directly, so we can take this person's Educational Profile down to make room for other inmates.
2) Determine Javier's educational interests, and locate appropriate resources (correspondence courses, scholarship applications, etc.).
3) Print and mail resources directly to Javier. Be sure resources (books, pamphlets, etc.) are on Javier's approved mailing list.
4) Encourage Javier with words of support, questions about progress, and suggestions for continued areas of study.
5) Visit our Inmate Reentry and Education Forum for more information.