Highest level of education: 12 Credit Hours in Business Management
Immediate educational goals: To earn an Associates Degree
Presently working on: On Waiting List for Culinary Arts Program
Two most recent educational accomplishments:
12 Credit Hours with Pima Community College, Custodial Maintenance Course
1) Write to Melvin, and let him know that you're willing to help him pursue an education. Ask him to write to us directly, so we can take his Educational Profile down to make room for other inmates.
2) Determine Melvin's educational interests, and locate appropriate resources (correspondence courses, scholarship applications, etc.).
3) Print and mail resources directly to Melvin. Be sure resources (books, pamphlets, etc.) are on Melvin's approved mailing list.
4) Encourage Melvin with words of support, questions about progress, and suggestions for continued areas of study.
5) Visit our Inmate Reentry and Education Forum for more information.