Highest level of education: 9th Grade
Immediate educational goals: Planning on getting GED and vocational classes such as Welding.
Presently working on: Welding Class
Two most recent educational accomplishments:
1) Write to Santiago, and let him know that you're willing to help him pursue an education. Ask him to write to us directly, so we can take his Educational Profile down to make room for other inmates.
2) Determine Santiago's educational interests, and locate appropriate resources (correspondence courses, scholarship applications, etc.).
3) Print and mail resources directly to Santiago. Be sure resources (books, pamphlets, etc.) are on Santiago's approved mailing list.
4) Encourage Santiago with words of support, questions about progress, and suggestions for continued areas of study.
5) Visit our Inmate Reentry and Education Forum for more information.