I am part of a Union that I think some of you might be interested in. It’s called the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW). We’re a democratic, member-run union that fights for the rights of all working class people, including our Brothers and Sisters behind bars. We can do simple tasks like calling people’s moms, writing letters, and so forth. If you’re interested in knowing more. Don’t hesitate to write to us at P.O. Box 30571, 2037 Chestnut St FL 1, Philadelphia, PA 19103-9997.
IWOC (Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee) STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
1. To further the revolutionary goals of incarcerated people and the IWW through mutual organizing of a worldwide union for emancipation from the prison system.
2. To build class solidarity amongst members of the working class by connecting the struggle of people in prison, jails, and immigrant and juvenile detention centers to workers struggles locally and worldwide.
3. To strategically and tactically support prisoners locally and worldwide, incorporating an analysis of white supremacy, patriarchy, prison culture, and capitalism.
4. To actively struggle to end the criminalization, exploitation, and enslavement of working class people, which disproportionately targets people of color, immigrants, people with low income, LGBTQ people, young people, dissidents, and those with mental illness.
5. To amplify the voices of working class people in prison, especially those engaging in collective action or who put their own lives at risk to improve the conditions of all.